A communications professional who will assist in the delivery of effective and proactive PR plans to the right media channels
What you will do:
- Assist in the development and delivery of public relations plans, moderating communications between the agency and its clients and the various media outlets such as newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations, online sites and bloggers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and other key media on regional, national international levels.
- Maintain and enhance media network in all areas of interest.
- Research, draft and distribute media related materials, including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, backgrounders, fact sheets, etc.
- Conduct regular media rounds and press visits to distribute press releases and pitch stories (once or twice a week)
- Media event inviting and facilitation, management of interviews and product reviews
- Providing and managing measurable standards and report mechanisms, both quantitative and qualitative, to track media relations coverage.
- Providing timely fulfillment of media requests.
- Conduct media briefings for clients to be featured in any press release or interview
- Identify relevant opportunities for clients in the regional and local news agenda
What you need to Qualify:
- College degree holder in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years working experience in media relations in a PR agency or corporate position, with a track record for delivering successful PR campaigns
- Good network of press contacts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening skills
- Proactive and detail oriented, agile thinker who can respond to opportunities quickly
- Confident communicator, can build relationships internally & externally
- Outgoing and personable, efficient multi-tasker